- Fill out an adoption application. This application will tell us more about you, your family, and your home situation. We will look over your adoption application and get back to you.
- Meet and Greet. If all looks well, we will set up a time for us to bring the dog that you are interested in to your home to meet you, your family, and any other pets that you have. (This initial home visit is without any obligation on either your or our end to adopt the dog.)
- Home Check. If the initial visit goes well and you like the dog you are considering, we go ahead a do a quick home check to see that you are all prepared to have a dog (or what you might need to get) before we adopt the dog out to you. We check the integrity of your fenced yard and gate, look for hazardous items, along with other things.
- Adoption. We ask for an adoption fee of $225. Our dogs are up-to-date on shots, spayed/neutered, and microchipped. Also included in the adoption fee are a collar and leash and microchip registration.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed. If for any reason, one of our foster dogs does not work out in your home, we would welcome him/her back and refund your money in full.
Note: This adoption process only applies to animals that are in our foster care, i.e. animals whose ID number starts with the letters FCAR (e.g. FCAR-2003-0125). Occasionally, we also list animals for shelters or for owners who need assistance in rehoming their pets. In that case, the animal’s ID starts with a different code (e.g. MACS or OACL) and information on how to contact the owner or shelter can then be found in the animal’s description.